The Annual Fund Conference Volunteer serves a one season term that begins with appointment by the conference chairs in early spring. The Volunteer is asked to attend an orientation and training conference call in April/May. Following the group call, the Star Island Director of Development will coordinate with Annual Fund Coordinator to schedule a one-on-one call to strategize the LOAS I conference. When on island, the volunteers tailor a basic set of requirements to the needs and culture of the conference. Following the conference volunteers are asked to send a follow-up reminder communication. In the final two months of the year the volunteers may be asked to personally contact anyone in the conference who has given in the past but not yet in the current year. All materials needed will be provided by Star Island Corporation (SIC). Below are the responsibilities for each time of the year.
Before The Conference
· Sign a confidentiality agreement (provided by SIC).
· Schedule an initial orientation/training call with Peter Squires, Star Island Director of Development at least 6 weeks prior to the conference (30 minutes). The purpose of the call will be to review results from the prior years, set goals, discuss plans and to answer any questions. If only the lead annual fund volunteers can attend this initial call, that is fine!
· Identify and confirm additional annual fund team members as appropriate with assistance from conference leadership. Note that each conference is different – some have a large team, and others have only a few volunteers. For a large conference, it is best to have a minimum of eight people to split up tasks during the week.
· Send pre-conference email(s) to shoalers based on discussion with Peter to encourage making your gift before arriving on-island, plus informational reminder about what Annual Fund is.
On Star Island
· Meet with Peter early in the conference week (Saturday or Sunday). You and your team will be given all necessary materials (annual fund buttons, gift reply slips, reports as needed and any other collateral materials) (30 minutes).
· During the week, volunteers will hand out annual fund buttons to those who have donated, make announcements about the annual fund as appropriate, make specific asks if that is the determined strategy for the conference, and potentially staff a table in the lobby to promote the annual fund and answer questions. Different volunteers can staff a table at different times/days, and it typically only takes about 30 minutes before or after lunch or dinner.
· Track total % participation or % of on-island goal on the Tucke-o-meter with assistance of SIC staff.
· Note that SIC staff is available throughout the week to assist and answer any questions or help with tasks!
After The Conference
· Post-conference – if time and willingness, send thank you emails or notes to donors with assistance from SIC staff.
· November/December – if possible, send follow up emails to conferees (administrative duties will be managed by SIC staff including drafting the emails and sending them out).
Website created by and maintained by
Staris Consulting. © 2019 | Contact the LOAS
Webmaster pertaining to the website
Special Thanks to Matt of svaha.com for Hosting this website